Our grandmothers were right. Sometimes the “homemade” is the best remedy … even for those little accidents beauty. Mix ingredients you find in your kitchen is fun, it will save a lot of money and could be an excellent choice to spend quality time with your teenager or relax during the weekend daughter.
More: top 10 commercial masks that are worth the investment.
Now yes, get to work! Put into practice these tips to create fabulous homemade masks which really funcionan- from the comfort of your home.
· Egg and yogurt: ideal for all skin types. This simple mask will help moisturize the face to the fullest, especially in winter season. How to do it? Mix two egg whites with two tablespoons of plain yogurt. Apply for 10 minutes and remove with warm water.
· Honey and yogurt: a somewhat thick miracle potion that makes even the most dehydrated skin. How to do it? Combine two tablespoons of honey with a dollop of Greek yogurt.
· Milk and camomile: ideal for sensitive or sunburned faces combination. Both ingredients refresh and nourish, in addition to relieving the burning sensation. How to do it? Boil a bag of chamomile tea (chamomile), let stand for a few minutes and mix it with half a cup of cold milk. You can put it in the fridge overnight to be concentrated. Apply with a cotton pad over face and repeated several times a day, if desired.
· Café: one of my favorites to exfoliate. The “erased” Coffee is very useful to eliminate swelling and restore the shine to a dull complexion. How to do it? After making coffee as usual, take the residue and mix with three tablespoons of water (or olive oil if you are looking for more wetting). Stir to a paste, apply and remove after 15 minutes with circular movements.
· Yogurt and bicarbonate: believe me, there is no better solution for whitening underarms, elbows and knees or “fix” a sunless tan that was not applied correctly. How to do it? Mix four tablespoons of baking soda with two of yogurt. Rub in a circular motion around the body and face. Rinse with warm water.
· Strawberries and bananas: Delicious desserts and effective for acne! A simple combination designed to dry pimples, reduce shine and moisturize oily skin. How to do it? Puree banana with four or five strawberries and apply it on your face for 20 minutes. If you add a few drops of lemon get extra benefits (as clear scars) but you should use sunscreen more often.
· Turmeric: Do you have brown or dark skin? This mask made of turmeric powder helps revive the natural tones of your skin, deep clean and smooth. How to do it? Mix two tablespoons of turmeric with a tablespoon of sunflower oil and yogurt. Leave it on your face for 20 minutes and remove fine. Warning: do not use if your skin is white.
· Grapes and avocado: yes, a strange combination if you plan to eat. However, it solves these heinous own details of mature skin as crow’s feet, fine lines and dryness. How to do it? In a food processor, combine half of a ripe avocado and six to eight red seedless grapes. Form a paste and apply for 25 minutes. Remove with cold water to tighten skin further.
· Parsley, oats and honey: a “combo” that serves for any age thanks to its many benefits: parsley has bleaching properties while oats softens and nourishes, like honey. How to do it? Boil a bunch of parsley. Upon cooling, it combines four tablespoons of it with two of oatmeal and two of honey. Leave it for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water.
· Roses: This recipe is so delicate that can be used by girls and young women without fear of damaging your skin. It is also recommended for mixed skin. How to do it? Boil rose petals. Once cooled, crushed roses and mix it with a spoonful of yogurt or honey and 10 drops of rose oil (optional). Apply for 15 minutes and remove.
Note: like most natural recipes, the mask is preferable to use immediately after preparation. Also, consistency is key when it comes to results as these masks do not contain chemicals or components that accelerate the process. Include them in your weekly beauty routine or as part of your “home spa”.